If you’re lucky enough to survive this second Friday the 13th of the year, your reward is waiting at the market!
You don’t need to find the end of the rainbow, just the south end Main St. all winter long to experience local food treasures!
We’ve made the year long market a reality – now let’s encourage more folks to check us out every other Saturday during these cold winter months! We’ve been pleased to see the increase in traffic this year, help us keep spreading the word!
Come see what is exhibited at the Canandaigua Winter Farmers’ Market… we think you’ll be surprised at the selection of homegrown produce and excited at the value added goods.
This Saturday look for these great items from our vendors:
- Lakestone Family Farm will have eggs, whole chickens, chicken thighs, drumsticks, thigh quarters and chicken feet.
- Sacheli’s will have a fresh crop of winter woolies wool and alpaca (scarves and socks) at the market this weekend. If we have them the weather will change! (just like the umbrella in the trunk of the car wards off rain!) We will also have a few hand made maple drop spindles and wool roving to make your own yarn. Stop by to see a demonstration. Sacheli’s will also have their full line of sauces and condiments.
- Bedient Farms will have a FULL stock of beef and chicken. We will also have some pork (ribs and fresh ham roasts) and some lamb (chops and ground lamb). Pre-Order specials include; Large Roasting Chickens (4.5 lbs. and up) $2.75 per pound, Whole Turkeys $2.75 per pound, Ground Beef Patties 5 Packages for $24…to view all specials and check out regular pricing for planning your weekly order check out the website! Rain or shine we will have all your local meat options!
- Rise and Shine Bread will have English Muffin Bread, Asiago Ciabatta, Rosemary Fococcia, Wheat, Marble Rye, and Raisin
- Fisher Hill Farm has potatoes, onions, parsnips, carrots, cabbage, beets, celeriac, rutabaga, Red Jacket apple cider, whole chickens and eggs, along with our own frozen corn & peas. We will also have Crispin & Fuji apples. Chickens will be FRESH this week!!
- Kitchen Blessings will be there with all the favorite cookies, cinnamon rolls, cinnamon swirl bread, scones, and Irish Soda Bread.
- Nordic Farm Jams & Jellies will have many jams and pickles. Fresh granola and great Paleo baked goods.
- Clearview Farm has Certified organic dried herbs, golden and purple-top turnips, potatoes, eschallions, a few eggs, dry cannelini, red merlot and black beans
Plan to get out the next two weekends (March 21 & 22 and March 28 & 29) to enjoy a sweet tradition! Sugarhouses all over the state will have various events, including pancake breakfasts, open houses and woods walks to allow everyone to see the behind-the-scenes work that goes into this sweet season!
Our own market vendor, Wohlschlegel’s Naples Maple Farm will be open for tours. Check out their facebook page for information:
Senator Rich Funke visited the Wohlschegel’s farm this week and put together a nice piece which you can view here:
The every other Saturday schedule can be a little hard to remember so please tell your friends, neighbors and mailman that the market is THIS WEEKEND!
Forward this email to others as well or they can sign up for the next newsletter at www.canandaiguafarmersmarket.com