One of the sweetest weekends of the year!
It’s NYS Maple Weekend! There will only be a small amount of syrup available at the market this Saturday but if you really want to have a great learning (and tasty) maple experience check out some of the local offerings of Sugarbush tours, Sugarhouse open houses and pancake breakfasts!
Our regular maple vendor, Wohlschlegel’s Naples Maple Farm has information on their facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wohlschlegels-Naples-Maple-Farm/171658189570256
Other area options here:
We’ve made the year long market a reality – now let’s encourage more folks to check us out every other Saturday during these cold winter months! We’ve been pleased to see the increase in traffic this year, help us keep spreading the word!
Come see what is exhibited at the Canandaigua Winter Farmers’ Market… we think you’ll be surprised at the selection of homegrown produce and excited at the value added goods.
This Saturday look for these great items from our vendors:
- Nordic Farm has jams and jellies, pickles, applesauce, 4 kinds of granola and a great selection of Paleo Baked goods(made without grains so can also be used for a gluten-free diet).
- Kitchen Blessings will be there with fresh baked cookies, cinnamon rolls and swirl bread. We will also have scones, biscotti, and possibly some decorative Easter/ Springtime treats as well.
- Newbury Park Pastries is bringing chicken, pulled pork, shepherds & veggie pot pies this week.
- Bedient Farms will have lots of beef, chicken and turkey. There is once again a limited supply of pork so order ahead if you need anything or order a HALF or WHOLE today! We will also have SOME ground lamb and lamb chops. Pre-order steak specials include 2 T-Bone or Porterhouse Steaks $24 and 2 New York Strip Steaks $20. Need Ground Beef Patties to grill? 4 packages of 3 for $18! Whole Roasting Chickens $3.25 per pound! Check out the rest of our specials on the website www.bedientfarmsnaturalbeef.com SEE YOU AT THE MARKET!
- Bill will be representing the Sachelis since they will be at 4-H events. He will have the regular Sacheli’s sauce line as well as some alpaca/sheeps wool scarves, socks, and some hand made alpaca/wool easter bunnies. Lucian Anthony has started cooking his maple syrup and will have a small amount of syrup for sale as well.
- Rise and Shine Bread will have English Muffin Bread, Asiago Ciabatta, Rosemary Fococcia, Marble Rye, Wheat, Raisin
- Clearview Farm will offer certified organic: lots of purple-top and golden turnips (special quantity discounts, too), eggs, garlic, potatoes, rutabaga, dry cannelini, black and red Merlot beans and dried herbs
- Fisher Hill Farm has potatoes, onions, carrots, cabbage, beets, celeriac, rutabaga, Red Jacket apple cider, whole chickens and eggs, along with our own frozen corn & peas. We will also have Crispin, Cortland, Golden Delicious & Fuji apples. NEW THIS WEEK: Microgreens in your choice of a mild or spicy pack!
The every other Saturday schedule can be a little hard to remember so please tell your friends, neighbors and mailman that the market is THIS WEEKEND!
Forward this email to others as well or they can sign up for the next newsletter at www.canandaiguafarmersmarket.com