Spring is Here!
Last time we had our Winter market (though the calendar said Spring) a customer suggested that we begin calling it the Spring Market and perhaps the weather will follow suit. Worth a shot!
So pack your umbrella and your galoshes and come down to see us Saturday morning!
We’ve made the year long market a reality – now let’s encourage more folks to check us out every other Saturday during these cold winter months! We’ve been pleased to see the increase in traffic this year, help us keep spreading the word!
Come see what is exhibited at the Canandaigua Winter Farmers’ Market… we think you’ll be surprised at the selection of homegrown produce and excited at the value added goods.
This Saturday look for these great items from our vendors:
- Lakestone Family Farm will have their usual chicken and eggs, as well as some kale and spinach.
- From Spotted Duck Creamery,
Vanilla Creme- Handcrafted vanilla and white chocolate
Wicked Chocolate- Sinfully dark chocolate
Strawberry Rhubarb- Strawberry with a delightful kick
Seneca Salted Caramel- our homemade caramel with salt from under Seneca Lake
A new release! Emu Tracks- our popular homemade caramel with almonds and dark chocolate bits
- Bedient Farms will have a full supply of beef and chicken. Also check out our turkey products and lamb! Tired of waiting for bacon, sausage and chops!? Don’t forget to sign up for your share of a hog. Check out the website to see specials like 2 T-Bone Steaks for $24 or 2 NY Strips for $20.
- Nordic Farms has been making jam and granola this week, and Thursday and Friday I will be baking some Paleo Baked Goods. We also have some pickles and Once Again Nut Butters.
- Pasta Classics will be there Saturday with our handmade ravioli, fresh cut spinach and basil pasta, and our baked stuffed breads.
- Clearview Farm will offer certified organic: overwintered baby leeks, fresh-dug sunchokes, purple carrots, lots of purple-top and golden turnips (special quantity discounts, too); free-range, organically-fed eggs; dry cannelini, black and red Merlot beans and dried herbs
- Kitchen Blessings will be there with all your fresh baked favorites. Come down and say “hello”.
- Sacheli’s will have a tiny amount of Lucian’s maple syrup, our sauce line, and some alpaca products:)
- Rise and Shine bread will have English muffin bread, Asiago Ciabatta, Rosemary Fococcia, Wheat, Marble Rye, Raisin
- Wohlschlegel’s Naples Maple Farm will be there with our assorted maple syrup products. Maple Syrup, maple cream, maple mustard, maple garlic pepper rub, soft and hard sugar shapes.
- Newbury Park Pastries will have chicken, veggie, panang & shepherds pot pies this week.
- Riedman Happy Hives will be out of hibernation and there this Saturday with some of the sweet stuff – raw honey – in 1 and 2 lb jars. Buzz on by our table and say hi!
- Fisher Hill Farm has potatoes, onions, carrots, cabbage, beets, celeriac, rutabaga, Red Jacket apple cider, along with our own frozen corn & peas. We will also have Crispin, Cortland, Golden Delicious & Fuji apples. Microgreens in your choice of a mild or spicy pack! We’ll have our usual eggs and this week the chickens are FRESH, offered as a whole or a half bird!
The every other Saturday schedule can be a little hard to remember so please tell your friends, neighbors and mailman that the market is THIS WEEKEND!
Forward this email to others as well or they can sign up for the next newsletter at www.canandaiguafarmersmarket.com