Spring is, errr was, Here!
Whatever the weather on Saturday our hearty vendors will be out. So, come on down to the parking lot behind Bryne Dairy and The Dalai Java from 10am-11am for some local, fresh, deliciousness!
We’ve made the year long market a reality – now let’s encourage more folks to check us out every other Saturday during these cold winter months! We’ve been pleased to see the increase in traffic this year, help us keep spreading the word!
Come see what is exhibited at the Canandaigua Winter Farmers’ Market… we think you’ll be surprised at the selection of homegrown produce and excited at the value added goods.
I was out of town this week so I did not ask vendors for specifics on what they will be bringing. Many of our vendors do have Facebook pages where they do post specifics so look there if you need to know or contact a vendor or just head down for some surprises! You can’t go wrong either way!
It is generally safe to say that we’ll have offerings from the following categories:
- Sweets: Honey, syrup, jams, jellies and duck egg custard!
- Baked goods: cookies, pastries, fresh breads, granola, and even Paleo-friendly offerings.
- Greens: Kale, spinach, Asian greens and hopefully even local, foraged ramps!
- Roots: Potatoes, onions, carrots, beets, turnips even new, freshly dug Hakurei turnips and sunchokes!
- Entrees: Pastas, stuffed breads and delicious pot pies.
- Meats: Pork, beef, lamb, turkey, chicken and emu cuts & products. Eggs too, chicken or duck!
The every other Saturday schedule can be a little hard to remember so please tell your friends, neighbors and mailman that the market is THIS WEEKEND!
Forward this email to others as well or they can sign up for the next newsletter at www.canandaiguafarmersmarket.com