As you make plans for the weekend, be sure to pencil in a trip to the Farmers’ Market on Saturday, where you’ll find the harvest bounty of the summer season readily available.
- Carney Agri Farm will have Fresh Whole Shiitake Mushrooms (Log grown non certified organic). Shiitakes are considered one of the most nutritious mushrooms, very versatile and delicious. We will have a variety of Fresh Microgreens. These 8-14 day old shoots are packed full of nutrition, flavor, color and crunch.
- Kitchen Blessings will have all your favorite cookies this weekend INCLUDING the Chocolate Dusters. The BLACK RASPBERRY FILLED cookies will be back again as they were such a hit! So will the Fresh Peach Scones. We’ll have single Cinnamon Rolls and gluten free treats. The pies will be Fruits of the Forest, Red Raspberry, and Fresh Peach. Lots of great jams & jellies also!
- Stoney Acres will be having head lettuce, arugula, salad mix, beets, scallions, onions, carrots, zucchini, summer squash, beans, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes, haritage tomatoes, fresh cut flower bouquets , eggs, chicken and pork. We will be having fresh chicken this week!!
- The Woodland Elf is probably sold out of flowers this weekend, unless there’s a cancellation. But will have her photo greeting cards. (Beeswax tapers are sold as well, but hope to get more made by next weekend).
- Mrs. Brake’s Spices etc. will be offering:
New: Mrs. Brakes Onion Soup Mix (for dip or soup), Soy Sauce Powder & Horseradish Powder
TIPS for the Flavor Challenged or Experienced cook
· Use the Finishing salts with corn on the cob, fish, meats and grilled veggies!
· Most Mrs. Brake’s Blends are able to be mixed with condiments (think about mayo mixed with Cajun or Blackened seasoning!
· Montreal steak seasoning makes a great companion to grilled potatoes or mix right into your burgers!
· How about grilled popcorn with chili cheese powder?
· Try my sprinkling my Trash Plate or Chipotle lime seasonings on potato chips to kick up the heat a notch or 6!
· Finish dessert with my homemade Dark Chocolate or Chocolate pudding. Only add water and Vanilla!
WHO IS HUNGRY?
*Trash Plate complete mix (you just need water and the meat)! The more you eat the Hotter it gets…be ready!
*The BEST French toast starter with a FREE powder sugar packet (ONLY 2 eggs and water needed) Try this for a camp breakfast and your neighbors will be jealous!
*Infused Sugar (Rose petal, Lavender, Saigon Cinnamon, Spearmint & Spiced) For tea, coffee or baking!
*Finishing salts like Rosemary/Orange, Lavender and Rosemary/Thyme.
Mrs. Brake’s Own Blends Perfect mixing with condiments or whatever you can dream up! Plus everyday spices like oregano, sumac, parsley and more.
Baking flavors (such as-Lemon, blueberry and raspberry), lavender flavoring, vanilla, Vanilla bean paste
If you would like something specific or have time look on mrsbrakes.com for inventory, then please call the store at 585-869-5251 to pre-order and I will bring your selection to the market with me! Have a Great day and see you Saturday!
- Wohlschlegel’s Naples Maple Farm will have:
Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
Bourbon Barrel Aged COFFEE INFUSED Maple Syrup
HUCKLEBERRY Infused Maple Syrup
Maple BBQ Sauce
MAPLE COTTON CANDY
Almonds : Cashews : Pecans
Traditional, Cinnamon & Raspberry Maple Cream Spread
Pure NYS Maple Syrup
*Dark* *Very Dark*
Granulated Maple Sugar
Maple Garlic Rub
Wheat Free Oatmeal-Maple
Soft & Hard Sugar Candy
- K&S Bischoping will have early peaches and an assortment of berries.
- Love Grown Farm will have fresh garlic bunches and homemade jams from seasonal and local fruit. New flavor: APRICOT!
- Elsewhere Farms will have our cold process soaps and skincare items that are handcrafted in small batches using all natural ingredients. Herbal-infused balms and salves will take care of your skin during these summer months and beyond! Try our lip balm with lemon balm & calendula and our Skin Soother Salve for minor cuts, bites, abrasions and such.
- Seneca Vegetables will be featuring eggplant, cucumbers, herbs, bedding plants with a new variety, sun coleus and hanging baskets on sale, cut flower bouquets, garlic scapes and honey.
- Andy’s Specialty Produce will have slicing tomatoes, salad mix, spinach, arugula, carrots, radishes, romaine lettuce, red and green leaf lettuce, fresh garlic, seedless cucumbers, and pea and sunflower shoots.
- Love on the Inside will have bread…white, wheat, honey wheat and rye. Also, chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies, cinnamon rolls, sticky buns, blueberry lemon, strawberry lemon, and just lemon scones, chocolate chip biscotti, and cinnamon raisin bread.
- Hunt Heritage Farm will have:
Pasture raised pork lard
Taking deposits for whole or half pig
Taking deposits for free range thanksgiving heritage breed turkeys
***Riedman Happy Hives will NOT BEE at market this week.
*** Ms. Linzy’s Mac-N-Cheese will return July 24th.
Recipe of the Week: Pick up some of Clearview Farm’s organic dill and put it to use in this easy dill dip!
Dill Dip III
Author: Darby “SilverSprite2004” Kenne – https://www.allrecipes.com
Prep: 5 mins; Additional: 8 hrs
Yield: 4 cups
2 cups mayonnaise
2 cups sour cream
1 tablespoon dried parsley
3 tablespoons grated onion
3 tablespoons dried dill weed
1 ½ tablespoons seasoning salt
In a medium bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, onion, dill weed, and salt. Mix all together, cover, and refrigerate overnight.