What’s the best time to buy local? Anytime! Because local is always better. So come down and shop local at the market this Saturday. More deliciousness coming into season every week!
- Riedman Happy Hives will be at market with Spring and Fall honey and we hope to have some freshly cut honeycomb. We will try to bring some Sun Kissed variety – but it will not be much so if you want it – come early! NOTE: We will be on vacation July 17 and 24th – so if you need the sweet stuff – stock up this week!
- Kitchen Blessings Baking will have all of your favorite cookies. The SPECIAL cookie this week will be BLACK RASPBERRY FILLED cookies. Soft drops with homemade filling just like grandma used to make. Pies will be: Mixed Berry, Blueberry, and Red Raspberry. We’ll also have Fresh Peach Scones and Gluten Free cookie varieties. Don’t forget the BEST Homemade Granola. And many Jams & Jellies.
- Stoney Acres will be having salad mix, arugula, head lettuce, beets, scallions, onions, carrots, zucchini and summer squash, beans, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes and also heritage tomatoes! Eggs, chicken and pork. We will also be having fresh chicken this week again.
- The Woodland Elf will have mixed flower bouquets and a sunflower bunch or two, beeswax tapers, and photo greeting cards.
- Mrs. Brake’s Spices etc. will be offering:
* Salsa Seasoning is making a return this week at my table!
· Use the Finishing salts with corn on the cob, fish, meats and grilled veggies!
· Most Mrs. Brake’s Blends are able to be mixed with condiments (think about mayo mixed with Cajun or Blackened seasoning!
· Montreal steak seasoning makes a great companion to grilled potatoes or mix right into your burgers!
· How about grilled popcorn with chili cheese powder?
· Try sprinkling my Trash Plate or Chipotle lime seasonings on potato chips to kick up the heat a notch or 6!
· Finish dessert with my homemade Dark Chocolate or Chocolate pudding. Only add water and Vanilla!
WHO IS HUNGRY?
*Chipotle Lime Salt (NEW) try with Chipotle lime Seasoning!
*Trash Plate complete mix (you just need water and the meat)! The more you eat the Hotter it gets…be ready!
*The BEST French toast starter with a FREE powder sugar packet (ONLY 2 eggs and water needed) Try this for a camp breakfast and your neighbors will be jealous!
*Infused Sugar (Rose petal, Lavender, Saigon Cinnamon, Spearmint & Spiced) For tea, coffee or baking!
*Finishing salts like Rosemary/Orange, Lavender and Rosemary/Thyme.
Mrs. Brake’s Own Blends Perfect mixing with condiments or whatever you can dream up! Plus everyday spices like oregano, sumac, parsley and more.
Baking flavors (such as-Pumpkin Maple and raspberry), lavender flavoring, vanilla, Vanilla bean paste
If you would like something specific or have time to look on mrsbrakes.com for inventory, then please call the store at 585-869-5251 to pre-order and I will bring your selection to the market with me!
Have a Great day and see you Saturday!
- Wohlschlegel’s Naples Maple Farm will have:
🍁 MAPLE MUSTARD
🍁 Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
🍁 Bourbon Barrel Aged COFFEE INFUSED Maple Syrup
🍁 HUCKLEBERRY Infused Maple Syrup
🍁Maple BBQ Sauce
🍁MAPLE COTTON CANDY
Almonds : Cashews : Pecans
🍁Traditional, Cinnamon & Raspberry Maple Cream Spread
Pure NYS Maple Syrup
*Dark* *Very Dark*
Granulated Maple Sugar
Maple Garlic Rub
Wheat Free Oatmeal-Maple
Soft & Hard Sugar Candy
- Love Grown Farm will have fresh garlic and homemade jams!
Seasonal Jam flavors include, but are not limited to, strawberry, red raspberry, blueberry, sour cherry, and triple fruit.
- Elsewhere Farms will have our cold process soaps and skincare products, which are handcrafted in small batches with all natural ingredients. Our new Bug Spray was a hit last week so it will be back along with a new scent of soap, Forest Fresh. Lip Balms, Body Butters and Salves will be available as well.
- Clearview Farms will have certified organic fresh dill, fresh and dried Italian oregano, fresh and dried catnip, dried herbs (dill, lemon basil, holy basil and catnip), grass-grown and finished Angus beef, Genesee Valley Bean dry beans (pinto, black and red kidney)
- Seneca Vegetables will have a large variety of herbs, garlic scapes, garlic, cucumbers, eggplant, honey, bedding plants, flowering potted plants, and fresh flower bouquets.
- Andy’s Specialty Produce will have slicing tomatoes, salad mix, spinach, arugula, carrots, celery, radishes, romaine lettuce, red and green leaf lettuce, fresh garlic, green kale, seedless cucumbers, pea and sunflower shoots, and yellow onions
- **New Vendor** Love on the Inside will have bread…white, wheat, honey wheat and rye. Also, chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies, cinnamon rolls, sticky buns, blueberry lemon, strawberry lemon, and just lemon scones, and biscotti.
- **New Vendor** Taste The Market Will be our new Food vendor this year at the market, serving Lavender Lemonade slushy’s and delicious farm fresh Panini and Wraps. You will not see them this week, but they will be coming VERY SOON.
*** Ms. Linzy’s Mac-N-Cheese will return July 24th.
Recipe of the Week: Grab a loaf of rye bread from Love On The Inside and give this Reuben Sandwich recipe a try!
1 tsp. Unsalted butter
2 slices LOI rye bread
2 tsp Russian dressing
1 oz. thinly sliced Swiss or Emmenthaler cheese
2 oz. thinly sliced corned beef
2 Tablespoons sauerkraut, well drained
1. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place 1 slice of bread butter side down in a skillet. Spread 1 tsp of the Russian dressing on the face side up of the bread in the skillet.
2. Cover with half of the cheese, the corned beef, and then the sauerkraut. Finish with the remaining half of the cheese.
3. Spread the remaining Russian dressing on the dry side of the other slice of bread to complete the sandwich.
4. Place the skillet on medium low heat and grill slowly for about 4 mins on each side, or until browned and crisp. Add additional butter to the skillet if needed. ENJOY!
We have even more vendors than just those listed above in detail, come see what’s happening!
We’re excited to celebrate our 20th season!